There are two ways to effectively pack on muscle on your body with bodyweight exercises: use difficult exercises, and intensity techniques. This article will show you some of the top bodyweight exercises you can use to build lean muscle mass:
- Stand with your feet shoulder width apart. Bend over and grab your ankles while keeping your legs straight. While holding your ankles, lower your butt until it almost touches your calves. Pause 1 second and return to starting position.
- From a standing position, cross your left leg over your right leg and lunge as far as you can to the right. Land with your foot at about a 45 degree angle and land on your heel with both knees slightly bent. Push off your front foot and return to the starting position.
- Repeat to the opposite side.
Semi Squat Jump
- Stand with feet shoulder-width apart and arms at your sides. Slightly bend your knees and bring your arms slightly back. Explode up from your toes while raising your arms for balance. Concentrate on quick and precise jumps.
One Leg Bird Squat
- Stand on your right foot with your left foot resting slightly behind the right heel. Contract your core and hold your hands out to your sides. Bend forward from the hips, allowing your back to curve naturally. While simultaneously extending your left leg behind you until your body forms a straight line.
- Your arms will be out to your sides like bird wings. Squat with your right knee, keeping your body as straight as possible. Press back up. When you have finished all repetitions for that leg, return to the starting position and repeat with the opposite leg.
You can either organize all these movements into one workout, or perform a single exercise as part of a full body workout.